Client Service Director
Job Title: Client Service Director
Location: NetBooster Shanghai Office
Report to: Managing Director
Overview of job:
The job scope covers: client service, development of customer insights, development of direct marketing and interactive communication strategies and lead generation programs, supervision of digital campaign executionsandmanagement of fulfilment.
- 4 Roles necessary when working closely with Channel Teams (incl. SEM, SEO, Programmatic, Social, E-commerce and Creative): A strategic thinker, an excellent communicator, a negotiator and Aself-starter team player.
- 5 Skills essential when working with Account Team: Leading, Inspiring, Coaching, Empowering and Developing.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for ensuring Client satisfaction and handling strategic issues or problem resolution of one-to-one marketing issues.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace and our Client’s business including various media and distribution channels.
- Pro-active strategic proposals for customer management business opportunities.
- Developing and keeping excellent relationships with all client contacts.
- Contribute and if appropriate lead new business pitching opportunities.
- Take responsibility for overall project management.
- Drive profitable client relationships.
- Effectively manage and interpret Client feedback.
- Develop working relationship with Account Team to ensure that once briefed the campaign/project runs forward smoothly.
- Work with BDD to project future account team personnel requirements and overcome any existing issues.
- Manage the workload, working with Account Team Members to optimise efficiency and spread the load as necessary, providing feedback to your BD/GAD on planning and any issues.
- Take responsibility for management and motivation of account team members to allow them to achieve maximum potential.
- Acting as a trusted communications integrator across teams, keeping client and our teams informed all the time and providing answers to any questions regarding the projects he/she is responsible for.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of presentation and documentation by all team members.
- Always endeavour to practice a major presentation with all participants prior to the event.
- Establish and communicate budgets and work back schedules for each project.
- Demonstrate awareness of need to achieve quarterly targets and understanding of management of finances and Client budgets at year end.
- Ensure adherence to the client contract agreements where appropriate for all man hours’ fees and third party costs.
Required skills and competencies:
- 7+ years of experience in Client Service of digital agency, international advertising agency.
- Managerial experience (leading, developing and motivating team members) is a must.
- Technical Skills: Familiar with all aspects of (incl. SEO, SEM, Social, Programmatic Buying, E-commerce)
- New business opportunities exploration skills.
- Leadership skills: ability to guide, direct, or influence people; active listening, providing feedback, be accountable and transparent and earning credibility by role modelling – leading by examples.
- Strong project management skills: outstanding organizational and planning skills (ability to juggle multiple projects), great attention to detail and follow-through, ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Exhibiting strong strategic and operational decision making skills.
- Negotiation skills: ability to use a range of approaches and strategies to build a stronger negotiation base and form long-term relationships.
- Language skills: fluent in both speaking and written English.
- Good financial and budget control skills.
- Savvy in identifying potential challenges for the business and comfort taking the lead in solving them.
- Knowledge of the client’s business (organization chart, local and international contacts, structure) and brands (history, target groups, positioning, identity, product ranges and categories).